Monday 9 April 2012

Hypes and Holidays, prt 1

I hope everyone had a happy Easter! :)

Hypes

About 2 weeks ago I went to see 'The Hunger Games'. I never heard of it until 2 months ago when I saw the trailer on Youtube. I didn't know it was such a big deal until I read on several blogs how excited everyone was to go to see the movie. So, I was intrigued. 

Because there isn't a 'movie-adapted-from-a-book' hype I haven't read/seen:
I'm an Harry Potter geek and proud of it! :) *

I decided to check out what all the fuss was about and dragged a friend with me to watch 'The Hunger Games'.

I really liked it. The story itself is very good. It has a little bit of everything in it: romance, action,drama...  But it was very obvious that the movie was based on a book. When I went to buy the book, it was already sold out. (Bummer) Apparently, the hype didn't stay in the US. I made a reservation and they told me that I would have to wait at least 2 weeks. BUT Friday I got a mail that the book arrived! My mom was so sweet to go and get it for me. :) As usual the book is even better (or just better: I won't mention any names, Twilight) than the movie. It makes me understand the film a lot more. And what I like about books is that you can look inside the head of the character.

The beginning of a new 'book addiction'
At the same time, I'm trying to (finally) finish Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'. I'm ashamed to say this but I started reading it in October and I still have 25 pages to go. It's not that I don't like it. It even has some similarities with the Potter-series: the scar, being able to read the bad guy's thoughts. But it's hard to get back into the story when I restart reading. And the old English doesn't make it any easier stay focused. 

only 25 pages to go...

To end with a funny note:


Do you know which three movies are combined in this picture?

*For the observant readers: Yes, I do have 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' but it's in my dorm and I'm at home right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment